Monday 10 April 2017

general thoughts of my character's impacts.

Guard 2Did we do the right thing?
Guard 1We did what we were told.
Guard 2We're such fucking lackeys.
Guard 1(nodsWe're pricks.
This section I believe to be very interesting to my character and the context of the play in the way of explaining this I maintain that this is a representation of Lisa's mind within the play. I believe this to be relevant to my character as throughout the play all the characters seen are in fact a part of Lisa and her own personality. This is essentially a representation of Lisa's idea that anyone who stands by her for any period of time then decides to leave her behind and chooses in fact to have a hidden agenda for her 'best intentions'. Perhaps this can be a metaphor identified for Lisa's admittance into the hospital care facility. I maintain this idea due to something similar happening within the final scene of the first act.

BritneyAs a token of our gratitude, each of you is to be inducted into the Order of the Pulled-Up Socks, for your bravery in the line of –
LisaWhat's going on?
They fall silent.
ArgumentOh dear …
LisaAnything you can do to stop me finding my hour … ?They all look ashamed.This was all a fake?
BritneyLisa –

LisaYou haven't lost your sense of humour – And you haven't lost the argument – You haven't even lost your inhibitions!

No comments:

Post a Comment